Drink-driver caught behind the wheel with children in car
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A drink-driver has been arrested by police after being discovered to be over the limit with two children in the car.
The driver was pulled over by members of the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) in Norwich during the early hours of Sunday, January 19.
He had pulled out and narrowly avoided a collision with an unmarked police car.
After being taken into custody, the driver was found to have 62 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - almost twice the legal limit of 35mcg.
There were two young children on board the car at the time of the arrest.
You may also want to watch:
NSRAPT tweeted: "Central team have arrested a driver in Norwich on suspicion of drink-driving after the vehicle pulled out narrowly missing an unmarked vehicle. Also onboard were two young children.
"Driver has provided an evidential reading in custody of 62ugs (limit 35ugs) #NoneForTheRoad #Fatal4."
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre