Tractor trailer with no brakes among unsafe vehicles on Norfolk's roads
- Credit: The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team
A truck carrying unsecured scaffolding and a tractor trailer with no brakes are among the vehicles recently stopped on Norfolk’s roads due to safety concerns.
Yesterday [Monday October 11] the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) stopped a truck on the A47 at Postwick.
In a tweet, they wrote: “AcleRAPT stopped this scaffolding truck on the A47 at Postwick a short time ago.
“All items in the rear were insecure and there was nothing in place to stop them falling from the rear of the vehicle.”
This comes after Norfolk RAPT pulled over two unsafe vehicles at the weekend, on Saturday October 9.
You may also want to watch:
They tweeted: “RCRT stopped a tractor and trailer today to check the load.
“Found numerous defects including no brakes at all on the trailer, not just not working, they weren't even fitted to the trailer.”
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
The team also stopped a driver on the A1067 who they later discovered did not have the correct licence and whose load - a van and tractor - was not secured properly.
In a Tweet, they wrote: “This unit was just stopped by #AcleRAPT on the A1067 near to Lenwade.
“The driver didn't have the correct licence category & the load wasn't secured properly.”