‘Unbelievable’ - Driver ‘still within their probationary licence period’ caught speeding at 100mph in 40mph zone
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A driver who was attempting to race vehicles between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft was caught doing 100mph in a 40mph zone.
Police said the driver of the vehicle was stopped in Lowestoft by officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk roads and armed policing team on Sunday night.
In a Twitter post, police said: "Unbelievable! #1826 and #1821 have just stopped a vehicle in #Lowestoft for excess speed after being seen trying to race vehicles out of #gorleston.
"The vehicle was seen to travel at 100mph in a 40mph zone!!!
"The driver was found to be within their 1st 2 years."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the roads and armed policing team said: "The vehicle was seen on the A47 between Yarmouth and Lowestoft appearing to try and entice other vehicles to race.
"Shortly afterwards as the vehicle entered the A1117 - the fairly new 40mph zone near Corton, at Lowestoft - it was then seen to travel at 100mph before it was stopped.
- 1 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 7 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
"It was established that the driver, a teenager, was still within their probationary licence period.
"He was issued a Traffic Offence Report (TOR) where he may be summonsed to court,
"He was also given strong words of advice, naturally."