Imitation submachine gun, pistol and grenade seized following 14-year-old’s arrest
- Credit: Archant
Imitation weapons - including an Uzi and grenade - have been seized by police in Norwich following the arrest of a teenage boy.
The 14-year-old was arrested near George Pope Road on Monday, June 17, on suspicion of drug offences and assaulting police following a stop and search.
Officers subsequently visited a property in Angel Road where imitation weapons, cash and suspected heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis were discovered.
Norwich police posted a photo on Twitter showing two boxes for an airsoft imitation handgun and an Uzi submachine gun. A grenade-shaped item is also pictured in an evidence bag.
Police said the teenager was questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and released under investigation while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich police said on Twitter said: "One male was stopped searched yesterday by the Norwich North SNT team and arrested for assault police x2 and being concerned in the supply of class A drugs. Further searches found imitation weapons, cash and suspected drugs."
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks