Woman in her 20s sexually assaulted after being picked up by ‘taxi’
A woman in her 20s was allegedly sexually assaulted after being picked up by what she thought was a taxi in Norwich.
Police said they were called at around 2.15am on Sunday to reports that a woman had been seriously sexually assaulted in the Norwich area.
The victim is being supported at the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) by specialist officers.
Police said they are working with her to obtain a fuller account of the incident.
Det Sup Katie Elliott said: 'We are still in the early stages of our investigation but I would urge members of the public, particularly those on nights out, to always check before getting into an unfamiliar vehicle, and to stay with friends wherever possible.'
You may also want to watch:
• Any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases