Driver caught watching YouTube while doing 65mph
- Credit: Archant
A driver was caught behind the wheel travelling at 65mph while watching videos on YouTube.
Officers from Norfolk Police's Road Casualty Reduction Team (RCRT) West stopped the driver in Whittington, near Northwold, late on Sunday, February 23.
The car, a silver saloon, was also discovered to have been incorrectly registered - it was a non-UK plate vehicle, but the driver was required to pay road tax as they live in the country.
Police have seized the car.
This incident formed part of a busy evening for the RCRT West, as three further major stoppages were made in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A second driver was reported after police caught him travelling at 71mph on a 40mph, while another car was seized after being driven with no insurance, and after two of its tyres were found to have well below the legal requirement of 1.6mm of tread depth.
The team's final stop of the night in Whittington came as they spotted a car towing a trailer with its lights out.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
The car was pulled over, and the driver was arrested after officers discovered that they were wanted for breaching a court order.