Driver without licence caught using dumbbell to secure engine of car on A47
- Credit: Archant
Police were surprised to discover a piece of fitness equipment being used to secure part of the engine of a car pulled over on the A47.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) were sent to the road to assist with a stopped car on the morning of Tuesday, May 19.
Upon arrival police discovered that the driver had no licence and no insurance.
They also found defects with three of the car’s tyres – two had cord exposed while the third had an insufficient tread depth.
But the most surprising discovery came when officers lifted the bonnet to find a dumbbell had been used to secure the intake manifold on the engine.
You may also want to watch:
The car was seized and the driver reported.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers