Audi driver caught doing 89mph in 30mph zone
- Credit: Archant
An Audi driver thought they were “doing 40mph” when stopped by police while hitting 89mph in a 30mph limit.
The central team of the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) were conducting speed checks in Chapel Lane, Wymondham, on Thursday morning, April 30, following complaints made by the public about driving in the area.
At 8.53am they caught a driver behind the wheel of an Audi travelling at 89mph – almost three times the limit.
In a tweet to his NSRAPT colleagues, Sgt Chris Harris said: “Absolutely shocking – three times the limit in a 30mph limit. Just glad you got to them before anything happened.
“Great proactive work by my NSRAPT team.”
You may also want to watch:
On the same morning, the driver of an Audi R8 was clocked at 101mph on the A47 at Colney. When spoken to by officers, the driver said he broke the speed limit as he was late for work.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays