Arrest made after man seen carrying firearm in town centre
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man in his 30s was arrested by armed officers in Thetford after reports of a man carrying an 'air rifle'.
Police were called to Whitehart Street at around 4.20pm on Thursday after a man had been seen carrying a weapon.
A Norfolk Police spokesperson said: "Armed units were deployed and a male in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm".
Officers closed off a section of St Nicholas Road in response to the incident, which reopened at around 6pm.
A weapon was seized at the scene, and the man arrested remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days