Norfolk Police arrest man in connection with sexual offence
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A man has been arrested in Dereham in connection with a sexual offence.
Officers were called to Sandy Lane shortly before 6.30pm on Thursday, August 8 following allegations made by members of the public.
A man, aged in his 30s, was arrested on suspicion of inciting a child to watch a sexual act and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he remains in custody and will be questioned in due course.
A police spokesman said: "Following information received by members of the public, we have arrested a man on suspicion of sexual offences.
"We are aware of posts made on social media and we would like to take this opportunity to remind people that once an arrest has been made, criminal proceedings are active and the rules of the court need to be followed in order to ensure that the investigation is not negatively impacted upon."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers