Parents accused of murdering their baby daughter to appear in court in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The parents of a three-month-old girl who died from a severe head injury will appear in court charged with her murder today.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 last year after the baby became unresponsive at her home in Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade.
She was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she died on December 20.
A post mortem examination established Eleanor died from a severe head injury. It also revealed she was malnourished and had numerous historic fractures and a case was launched by the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Unit.
Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, Eleanor’s parents, have both been charged with her murder.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, from Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, were remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich Crown Court today (Wednesday (September 16).
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'