Parents accused of murdering their baby daughter to appear in court in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The parents of a three-month-old girl who died from a severe head injury will appear in court charged with her murder today.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 last year after the baby became unresponsive at her home in Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade.
She was later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she died on December 20.
A post mortem examination established Eleanor died from a severe head injury. It also revealed she was malnourished and had numerous historic fractures and a case was launched by the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Unit.
Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, Eleanor’s parents, have both been charged with her murder.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, from Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, were remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich Crown Court today (Wednesday (September 16).
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 5 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 6 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 7 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures