Assaults, drugs and drink driving: nine arrested on busy New Year’s Eve in town
- Credit: Getty
It was an eventful New Year's Eve for police in King's Lynn as they made several arrests in the town centre.
Seven people were arrested on Norfolk Street alone for offences ranging from drug driving to assaulting an emergency worker.
In a tweet King's Lynn police said those detained had been held for assaults, public order offences and being drunk and disorderly.
Another suspect had been arrested for drug drive after testing positive for cocaine.
The town centre arrests follow two New Year Eve drink drivers who were held after being twice over the limit.
You may also want to watch:
The first crashed after losing control on Nar Ouse Way, the second was stopped on Gaywood Road.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested