Driver collided with car in attempt to overtake traffic behind tractor
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A woman who tried to overtake slow-moving traffic behind a tractor collided with another overtaking vehicle, a court has heard.
Nikki Welling, 33, of Watton Road, Thetford, pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention when she appeared in Norwich Magistrate's Court on Monday.
Kimberley Reeves, prosecuting, said Ms Welling was the third vehicle in a line of slow-moving traffic behind a tractor on Hargham Road, at the junction with Westgate, in Shropham on July 18 last year.
She had attempted to overtake the whole line of traffic but collided with the vehicle immediately behind the tractor which had indicated to turn right and was making that turn.
The court heard Ms Welling caused extensive damage to the other vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Welling, who represented herself in court, told magistrates she was embarrassed and apologised for the incident.
Chairman of the bench Jim Agnew fined Ms Welling £300 and ordered her to pay £30 victim surcharge, £100 court costs and added five points to her licence.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut