New Year sees drink and drug drivers arrested and vehicles seized
- Credit: Archant
Several drivers started the new year in police cells after Norfolk police made a series of arrests for a series of driving offences.
Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dogs assisted Norwich Police when a driver failed to stop.
The car was stung and the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, drug driving and other motoring offences after a short foot chase.
After a roadside test, the driver tested positive for driving under the influence of cocaine.
Broadland Police arrested a man after he was found drink driving with a tumbler in the cup holder of his car.
You may also want to watch:
Once tested the man was three times over the drink drive limit.
Great Yarmouth Police arrested a four people, two for drug driving and two for drink driving.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
One of the vehicles was seized after a motorist was found to be driving with a provisional license with no supervision.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team arrested a drink driver who was three times over the limit. The lorry driver was disqualified.
South Norfolk officers were called to reports of an intoxicated male that smashed a window in Diss Town Centre.
The man was quickly found and arrested before being taken into custody in Wymondham.