New Year sees drink and drug drivers arrested and vehicles seized
- Credit: Archant
Several drivers started the new year in police cells after Norfolk police made a series of arrests for a series of driving offences.
Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dogs assisted Norwich Police when a driver failed to stop.
The car was stung and the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified, drug driving and other motoring offences after a short foot chase.
After a roadside test, the driver tested positive for driving under the influence of cocaine.
Broadland Police arrested a man after he was found drink driving with a tumbler in the cup holder of his car.
You may also want to watch:
Once tested the man was three times over the drink drive limit.
Great Yarmouth Police arrested a four people, two for drug driving and two for drink driving.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
One of the vehicles was seized after a motorist was found to be driving with a provisional license with no supervision.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team arrested a drink driver who was three times over the limit. The lorry driver was disqualified.
South Norfolk officers were called to reports of an intoxicated male that smashed a window in Diss Town Centre.
The man was quickly found and arrested before being taken into custody in Wymondham.