New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The trial of five people accused of the murder of a man in Norfolk has been brought forward by a few days later this year.
David Lawal died from a single stab wound in Brandon Road, Thetford, on October 3 2019.
Lisa Desousa, 23, of London; Amrik Singh, 19 of London; Iddi Zito, 19, from East London; Elie Saba, 35, of Ilford and Cameron Grant, 18, from London, have all denied one count of murder and conspiracy to supply Class A drugs between April 1 and November 21.
The trial had to be put back earlier this year due to Covid restrictions but the case, which had been moved to November 18 from February 22, will now begin on November 15.
In a hearing at Norwich Crown Court on Thursday (June 10) Judge Alice Robinson also set a pre-trial review date for September 17.
Another defendant, Viktorija Kuzule, 19, of Pine Close, Thetford, will go on trial in November accused of two counts of conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
Claudia Annius, 21, from Bedford, will stand trial in February next year accused of drugs offences and assisting an offender.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 9 Homes evacuated in village after man threatens criminal damage
- 10 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut