Neighbours pay tribute to gentle, caring and quiet Norwich murder victim Farnaz Ali
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have today been paid to a quiet, gentle and caring woman whose body was discovered in a Norwich flat.
Officers were called shortly before 2.30pm on Saturday, July 29, following reports of safety concerns for a woman at a flat in Godric Place, off Bowthorpe Road.
Upon arrival, the body of 49-year-old Farnaz Ali was found.
MORE: Norwich man Danny Williams appears in court in connection with murder of Farnaz Ali at Godric PlaceA murder investigation was launched and enquiries led officers to an address in Windsor Road in Lowestoft, and three people - two men and a woman - were later arrested in connection with the incident.
Danny Robert Williams, 26, of Godric Place, who was a neighbour of Ms Ali, was charged with murder and is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court today (Wednesday, August 2) after having appeared before city magistrates yesterday.
People in Godric Place have paid tribute to Ms Ali, who is understood to be a former University of East Anglia (UEA) student who is believed to have previously helped with the Green Party.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-woman, who did not want to be named, said she had known Ms Ali for years and had become friends with her.
The woman, who said she was so shocked to find out it was her, said: 'She was a nice lady.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 6 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
'She was actually very quiet, would keep herself to herself most of the time.'
She said they became friends after Ms Ali took a liking to her cat.
From then on we would chat, have coffees and tea together and spend time together.
'She was just a nice lady. She was quiet.'
A 36-year-old woman, who did not want to be named, said: 'It's shocking to know it was her.
'This is so sad. She was friendly, quiet, not too talkative.
'I never saw her aggressive. She was a very gentle lady.'
A 69-year-old neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: 'She was very keen on environmental issues and helped us not to have a phone mast. She had a social conscience in that way - she had an awareness of the environment.'
A cordon remains in place at the scene in Godric Place where forensic teams are continuing their work,
• A man, aged in his 30s, and a woman, aged in her late teens, arrested in connection with the incident have been released under investigation while the enquiry continues.