Middle-aged woman throws paint at pub door in “bizarre” attack
- Credit: Gemma Searby
A pub has released CCTV footage of what appears to be an older woman lobbing white paint all over its front door.
The incident happened at around 10.30am on Wednesday at The Mariners Compass pub in Middleton Road, Gorleston.
Pub landlady Jo Searby described the attack as 'bizarre' adding she was keen to find out who did it and why.
Ms Searby, who has run the pub for 10 years, said: 'The first we knew of it was when one of our customers went to leave the pub and was greeted by this big puddle on the pavement.
'When we looked at our CCTV we saw it was an older lady, I would say, with grey hair walking up to the front door and throwing paint.
You may also want to watch:
'It is the most bizarre thing ever.
'If some lady has got a problem with the pub, myself, or the staff she still has that problem.
- 1 Plans to turn village's last pub into house rejected
- 2 New facilities open up Norwich river for paddle boards and canoes
- 3 Magpies chair praises "Norfolk community spirit" amid continuing hardship
- 4 Five things you need to lead the way in 2020
- 5 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
- 6 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 7 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 8 Brexit Blog: Brexit means changes to the rules on VAT – and that means more admin and confusion
- 9 Heavy traffic on main road following breakdown
- 10 Coast path's 33-mile revamp would open up new walking route
'It is easier to talk about it rather than do a random act
'It is just frustrating that it is such a pointless thing to do that has not achieved anything.
'I do wonder if she is planning to do anything else because it was such a ridiculous thing to do.
'More than anything I want to find out who it was and why. I have no idea who it could be, not even remotely.'
Ms Searby has been able to scrub the door clean but it will need repainting and they will have to replace the mat.
Meanwhile paint had also been spilled all over the road when the woman took the lid off and one vehicle had been splattered when one motorist unwittingly drove through it.
The police have been informed.