Woman accused of murdering her husband to stand trial
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a woman charged with murdering her husband starts today.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, in her 50s, is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court this morning.
Kumarathas lived with her husband, Rajasingam Kumarathas, 57, at Burdock Close in Wymondham.
He was discovered on Saturday, March 16, in his home with serious stab wounds to his head and chest.
Mr Kumarathas, who used to own the nearby Spar supermarket on Blackthorn Road, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he died the following morning.
You may also want to watch:
Kumarathas was charged with his murder.
A hearing was held at Norwich Crown Court in August but Kumarathas was not required to attend.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash
Today's trial will be heard by Judge Stephen Holt.