Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- Credit: Denise Bradley, Archant Norfolk
Police have launched a murder investigation following a fatal stabbing in Norwich.
Emergency services were called to Vale Green in Mile Cross shortly before 7pm on Friday, January 28, following reports that a man aged in his late teens had been stabbed.
Following treatment by paramedics the man was taken to hospital and later pronounced dead.
His next of kin have been informed.
Two people, a man aged in his 40s and a woman aged in her 30s, were arrested shortly after in connection with the incident
The woman was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and the man was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre. They will be questioned in due course.
Det Chief Insp Dave Freeman, of Norfolk Police, said: "A number of police resources, including armed units, were deployed to the scene.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 9 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 10 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
"A murder investigation has been launched and we are in the early stages of our enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
"We would like to hear from anyone who may witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.”
Police have cordoned off the scene in Vale Green near Sloughbottom Park while enquiries are carried out.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting Incident 376 of Friday, January 28.