Motorcyclist caught riding without insurance and speeding in bus lane has bike seized
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist caught speeding in a bus lane while riding without insurance and a proper licence has had his bike seized by police.
Norfolk Road Casualty Reduction Team officers stopped the motorcyclist at about 10am on Tuesday morning as he was heading into Norwich on Dereham Road.
Police said he was riding an orange 600cc bike and travelling in the bus lane at speeds estimated to be over 50mph.
PC Mark Carter said: 'Officers stopped the vehicle and found the rider to be the owner's brother who was not insured and only held a provisional motorcycle licence.
'The motorcycle was found to have defective exhaust and tyres too.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the bike was seized while the rider was reported for the various offences.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat