Woman accused with husband of murder of baby daughter is pregnant
- Credit: Archant
A woman accused of the murder of her three-month old daughter is expecting another baby, it has emerged.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18 last year, after becoming unresponsive at her home at Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade but died at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, two days later.
Carly Easey, 35, and her partner Christopher Easey, 30, of Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, have both been charged with the murder of their daughter.
The couple appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday (October 13) for a plea and trial preparation hearing and both denied murder, causing or allowing the death of a child, and cruelty to a person under 16.
The court was told Easey, who is currently at Peterborough Prison, is pregnant and due to give birth by Caesarean section later this month.
You may also want to watch:
They will both stand trial on March 8 next year.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 6 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort