WATCH: Drivers continue to ignore bus lane near schools
- Credit: Archant
A week after police issued a fresh warning over bus lane abuse, motorists are still flouting the rules close to two Norwich schools.
Last week, Norwich North's safer neighbourhood team (SNT) issued a reminder of the restrictions that apply to the bus gate on Catton Grove Road, which starts near Lilburne Avenue.
A week later and this video reveals that motorists are still ignoring the restrictions, which were put in place as a measure to stop rat-running and protect pupils near Angel Road Junior and Infant Schools.
The bus gate stops drivers travelling south - towards the city - between Catton Grove Road and Angel Road from 7.30am until 9am during the week.
In this period, only buses, cyclists and taxis can use this stretch.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday last week, more than 100 drivers were caught ignoring the restrictions, but it appears the message has not been received.
This video, which was recorded over a 30-minute period between 8am and 8.30am one morning, caught scores of motorists still flouting the rules.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 6 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 7 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 8 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 9 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk