Teen arrested over Norwich stabbing to answer bail
- Credit: Dan Grimmer
A teenager arrested in connection with a stabbing in Norwich is due to answer bail next month.
Police were called just after 9pm on Saturday, January 9 to a house in Chambers Road in the Mile Cross area following reports a man had been stabbed.
The incident saw a lengthy cordon put in place in the area while the police investigated, with neighbours seeing officers searching through nearby bushes with torches.
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital, following the incident..
Police said an 18-year-old man had been arrested in the Norwich area in connection with the incident and had since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
The spokesman said he had been released on bail until February 8.
Police previously said it was believed to be an "isolated incident, with no threat to the wider community".
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy