Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A church in Long Stratton has suffered significant damage after metal was stolen from its roof.
Police are appealing for information after sheets of zinc were stolen from a side extension of St Mary's Church in Ipswich Road, Long Stratton
The theft happened sometime between Wednesday, November 10 and Wednesday, November 24.
PC James Butler, of the Diss, Long Stratton and Harleston Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The cost of repairing the damage will be considerable, as well as causing disruption to all those who use this much-loved community asset.
“We would appeal to anybody who has information regarding the theft or who may have seen any suspicious activity to contact police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Butler on 101 quoting crime 36/87784/21.
Alternatively, people can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release