Two men arrested after drugs, cash and phones seized in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after a quantity of drugs were seized in Norwich.
Police attended an address in Magpie Road at around 2.40pm on Wednesday (May 6) and seized a quantity of Class A drugs, along with mobile phones and cash.
Two men, aged 18 and 28, both from London, were arrested on suspicion of drug supply offences.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said both men have since been released under investigation and enquiries are ongoing.
Norwich Police provided details of the incident on social media, and said there had been signs of “cuckooing”.
You may also want to watch:
Cuckooing is a practice in which drug dealers take over the home of a vulnerable person in order to use it as a base for county lines drug trafficking.
They said on Twitter: “Yesterday afternoon Norwich #NPT disrupted another #CountyLines operation after spotting signs of cuckooing at a #Norwich address. #NESNT #Team1 & #Team4 assisted. 2 young males from London arrested, significant amounts of class A drugs, cash & mobile devices seized. #OpGravity”.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash