Two men arrested after drugs, cash and phones seized in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after a quantity of drugs were seized in Norwich.
Police attended an address in Magpie Road at around 2.40pm on Wednesday (May 6) and seized a quantity of Class A drugs, along with mobile phones and cash.
Two men, aged 18 and 28, both from London, were arrested on suspicion of drug supply offences.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said both men have since been released under investigation and enquiries are ongoing.
Norwich Police provided details of the incident on social media, and said there had been signs of “cuckooing”.
You may also want to watch:
Cuckooing is a practice in which drug dealers take over the home of a vulnerable person in order to use it as a base for county lines drug trafficking.
They said on Twitter: “Yesterday afternoon Norwich #NPT disrupted another #CountyLines operation after spotting signs of cuckooing at a #Norwich address. #NESNT #Team1 & #Team4 assisted. 2 young males from London arrested, significant amounts of class A drugs, cash & mobile devices seized. #OpGravity”.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
- 10 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake