Two men arrested after drugs, cash and phones seized in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after a quantity of drugs were seized in Norwich.
Police attended an address in Magpie Road at around 2.40pm on Wednesday (May 6) and seized a quantity of Class A drugs, along with mobile phones and cash.
Two men, aged 18 and 28, both from London, were arrested on suspicion of drug supply offences.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said both men have since been released under investigation and enquiries are ongoing.
Norwich Police provided details of the incident on social media, and said there had been signs of “cuckooing”.
You may also want to watch:
Cuckooing is a practice in which drug dealers take over the home of a vulnerable person in order to use it as a base for county lines drug trafficking.
They said on Twitter: “Yesterday afternoon Norwich #NPT disrupted another #CountyLines operation after spotting signs of cuckooing at a #Norwich address. #NESNT #Team1 & #Team4 assisted. 2 young males from London arrested, significant amounts of class A drugs, cash & mobile devices seized. #OpGravity”.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk