Men deny breaking into house with machete
- Credit: Archant
Two men are to stand trial after they denied attempting to steal a cannabis plant after breaking into a property with a machete.
Benjamin Asante and Stoica Klaosen, both 30, have been charged with aggravated burglary and false imprisonment.
It follows an incident at a property in Ford Street, Thetford on December 20 last year when it is said the defendants entered the building as trespassers and attempted to steal a cannabis plant while they had with them a machete.
They are also accused of false imprisonment at the same address on the same date.
Asante, of no fixed address, and Klaosen, from London, who spoke through an interpreter, denied both offences when they appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday (January 20).
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for trial on June 8.
Both defendants were remanded in custody until the next hearing.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers