Men arrested in connection with alleged assault and illegal overstay
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested in Norwich in connection with an assault causing a head injury and an illegal overstay.
Norwich police arrested two men earlier in the evening of Tuesday, August 27, to explain their involvement in an assault in which the victim has sustained a head injury.
Officers also took another man into custody who gave false details because he was in the UK illegally, and had overstayed by four years.
The men were all arrested in connection with Operation Moonshot City -a hi-tech police operation for Norwich which aims to create a "ring of steel" around the city to snare criminal gangs.
A Norwich Police spokesperson said: "The male in his 20s provided false details claiming to be Italian.
You may also want to watch:
"He was arrested after discussion with immigration.
"His false details were in an attempt to hide his Albanian nationality and subsequent overstay."
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
They added: "The other two males, known to each other and both in the same car, were arrested for an assault which took in the Heartsease area of Norwich on Friday, August 23.
"They were arrested from a vehicle having been seen in the Martineau Lane area of Norwich."