Armed police arrest man who was pointing BB gun at sea near pier
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after police were called to reports of a man brandishing a gun on the beach at Lowestoft.
Officers were called to the Claremont Pier area of Lowestoft at 4.20pm on Thursday (April 2).
A man was said to be pointing what was believed to be a BB gun at the sea near to the pier.
A police spokesman said: “Officers, including armed police and the dog unit, were sent to the area and around 30 minutes later they located and detained a man in Lawson Road.
“An imitation firearm and two lock knives were seized by police.”
You may also want to watch:
A 41-year-old man from Lowestoft was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of firearms offences and possession of a knife and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre, where he remains for questioning.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference 37/19368/20.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply