Man to go on trial accused of wife’s murder in Norwich care home
- Credit: Archant
An 81-year-old man is due to go on trial today accused of murdering his wife at a care home in Costessey.
Doreen Virgo, 89, was found dead at the Grays Fair Court care home at Dereham Road, Costessey on Friday, July 12 last year.
Her husband Mick Virgo, with whom she lived in Mill Street, Buxton, was charged with her murder following a Home Office post-mortem examination which showed Mrs Virgo had died from compression of the neck.
A trial is due to get underway at Ipswich Crown Court later today (Tuesday, January 14).
Following Mrs Virgo's death, people living in Buxton spoke of their shock and sadness at what had happened.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours said Mrs Virgo was a "lovely old lady" who would be missed by those who knew her.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences