Man to appear at court in Norwich later this week charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear at court in Norwich later this week accused of murder.
Nicolae Budurus, 39, has been charged with murder following the death of Audrius Lapinskas, 30, in Peterborough on Sunday, January 5.
It followed an incident on Lincoln Road, Peterborough, at about 8.50pm.
A post mortem examination carried out on Tuesday (January 7) at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge concluded Mr Lapinskas died as a result of being assaulted.
The death is being treated as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
Budurus, of Lincoln Road, Peterborough will appear at Norwich Crown Court on Friday (January 10) having previously appeared at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Wednesday (January 8)
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting reference 35/1271/20 of 5 January or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021