Man taken to hospital and four arrests made following fight in village
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital and a number of arrests have been made following a fight in a Norfolk village.
Four people were arrested on suspicion of affray after police were called to a disturbance in Hoveton on Saturday, December 29.
Officers were called to Station Road, just off Norwich Road, at about 5.25pm after it was reported a number of people were fighting.
Police have now arrested four men, aged between 26 and 36, in connection with the incident and they have been taken to Police Investigation Centres in Aylsham and Wymondham.
One of the suspects was later taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after becoming unwell while in custody as a result of an injury sustained during the fighting.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been transferred for treatment at Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, where he remains in a stable condition.
Two areas on Station Road have been sealed off by police while scene enquiries are carried out and the cordons currently remain in place.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information concerning it should contact police on 101.