Man arrested over threats to kill taken to hospital for treatment
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man arrested after making threats to kill during a disturbance at a Norwich home in the early hours of the morning has been taken to hospital for treatment.
He then returned to his own home in a distressed state and locked himself inside.
Police were called to the scene, including firearms and public order officers and police negotiators.
Following lengthy negotiations, officers forced entry to the property shortly after 6am and detained the man. No-one was injured.
The man was arrested on suspicion of threats to kill and taken into custody for questioning.
A police spokesman said the man was released under investigation while enquiries continue.
But following a mental health assessment while in custody the man was subsequently served a recall to hospital notice at Hellesdon Hospital.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time