Man remains under investigation as part of inquiry into rape at UEA in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are continuing to investigate after a woman was raped at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
The woman was attacked in the early hours of the morning of Thursday, December 6 last year near to the lake at the Earlham Road campus.
Police said the woman was attacked between 2am and 2.30am after being approached by a man.
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the incident and questioned.
He has since been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the man remains released under investigation pending further enquiries.
The area was sealed off following the incident while detectives carried out their investigation.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
• Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact DS Matt Jenkins at Norwich CID on 101.
• Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.