Robber tried to steal woman’s handbag and lunged towards her young daughter
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police are appealing for information after a man tried to steal a woman’s handbag and “lunged” towards her young daughter.
The incident happened at around 4.10pm, on Thursday, when the victim, a woman in her 30s, was walking along Kimms Belt, in Thetford.
While walking with her young daughter, a man on a bicycle approached the victim and tried to grab her handbag.
During the incident the suspect is believed to have lunged towards the victim’s child, without making contact.
The victim ran from the scene and the suspect is believed to have cycled away.
You may also want to watch:
He was described as a white man in his late teens, of slim build, with some facial hair, wearing a light grey hoodie and dark trousers.
The suspect is believed to have been travelling on a red mountain bike with orange stripes.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
Anyone who may have seen the suspect, or anyone with information should contact Det Con Emma Riches at Thetford Police Station, on 101, quoting crime number 36/53736/20.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.