Man charged over robbery at Norwich pharmacy
- Credit: Neil Didsbury
A man has been charged with robbery and possession of an imitation firearm after a Norwich pharmacy was targeted.
James Youngers, 41 of Dibden Road in Norwich, will appear in front of Norwich Magistrates Court via video link this morning (Monday, October 19).
It comes after a man walked into the Vauxhall Street Pharmacy, in Suffolk Square, Norwich, at just after 2pm on Friday and confronted owner Maz Moaddabi, who was behind the counter.
The pharmacy closed for a few hours following the incident, but it opened later on Friday and was open again on Saturday.
Mr Moaddabi said: “I have had people coming in to ask if we are okay. There’s a good community around here and we all look after each other.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been here for six or seven years now and I’ve had nothing like this here before, although I was raided when I had a pharmacy in Anglia Square many years ago.”
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck