Man charged over robbery at Norwich pharmacy
- Credit: Neil Didsbury
A man has been charged with robbery and possession of an imitation firearm after a Norwich pharmacy was targeted.
James Youngers, 41 of Dibden Road in Norwich, will appear in front of Norwich Magistrates Court via video link this morning (Monday, October 19).
It comes after a man walked into the Vauxhall Street Pharmacy, in Suffolk Square, Norwich, at just after 2pm on Friday and confronted owner Maz Moaddabi, who was behind the counter.
The pharmacy closed for a few hours following the incident, but it opened later on Friday and was open again on Saturday.
Mr Moaddabi said: “I have had people coming in to ask if we are okay. There’s a good community around here and we all look after each other.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been here for six or seven years now and I’ve had nothing like this here before, although I was raided when I had a pharmacy in Anglia Square many years ago.”
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive