Man in court after man, 20, stabbed in Great Yarmouth street fight
- Credit: Liz Coates
A man is due to appear in court later this month after a 20-year-old was stabbed in Great Yarmouth.
Officers were called to the King Street area, near the St Peters Road junction, at about 4.30pm on Wednesday, June 26 to reports of a number of people fighting in the street.
A man suffered two knife wounds to his stomach during the incident and was taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment.
Christopher Smith, 24, was charged with possession of a knife, attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
Smith, of Dartford Avenue in London, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Saturday (June 29).
You may also want to watch:
The case has been formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on Monday, July 29.
Four other people, three men and a woman, who were arrested in connection with the incident have been released under investigation whilst the enquiry continues.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
Anyone with information should call police on 101.