Man, 80s, arrested on suspicion of Brooke murder released and detained under Mental Health Act
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s arrested in connection with the murder of a woman in Brooke has been released from police custody and detained under the Mental Health Act.
It comes after officers were called to Churchill Place at about 10.30am on Sunday, September 23 to reports of a stabbing.
They arrived to find the body of a woman, believed to be Frances Hubbard, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 80s, understood to be her partner Michael, arrested in connection with the incident has been released under investigation while enquiries continue. Following a mental health assessment he has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
A Home Office post mortem examination will take place today to establish the cause of death and formal identification is yet to take place.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
The cordon has been lifted at the address and detectives are continuing with their enquiries.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.