Man arrested after pedestrian suffers serious injuries in Norwich crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian in his 20s has suffered serious injuries and a man has been arrested following a crash in Norwich's clubland.
The pedestrian was involved in the collision with a black Hyundai on Prince of Wales Road at around 3.40am on Saturday, according to Norfolk police.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and is in a stable condition.
Emergency services attended the scene and the road was closed between Eastbourne Place and the Riverside Road for several hours.
The road was re-opened shortly after 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the incident.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police quoting CAD reference 74 of Saturday 22 December.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
A man, aged in his 40s, has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.