Man admits brandishing imitation rifle at pub near Norwich
- Credit: Maps
A man has admitted possessing an imitation rifle at a pub near Norwich.
Police were called to Coldham Hall pub in Surlingham following reports a man was making threats and brandishing an air rifle.
Simon Tait, 39, of Coldham Hall, Surlingham was charged in relation to the incident on May 23 this year.
He appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday (June 22) when he admitted possession of an imitation firearm and assaulting an emergency worker.
He also admitted sending a letter/communication with intent to cause distress or anxiety.
Judge Anthony Bate adjourned sentencing until August 4 so a pré-sentence report could be carried out.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown