Victim in Greek murder inquiry believed to be from Great Yarmouth area
- Credit: Archant
A Greek man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 40-year-old believed to be from the Great Yarmouth area was found dead in a hotel room in Greece.
The male victim was found in Familia hotel on the island of Ithaca on Sunday, November 17.
A worker at the hotel in the town of Vathy confirmed it had been working with Ithaca Police to help with investigations.
In a statement, the Ithaca Police Department said: "The investigation was resolved immediately, following a systematic and thorough investigation.
"The 40-year-old foreigner was found dead in a hotel room in Ithaca."
You may also want to watch:
According to reports in Greece, the alleged attacker's wife tried to give the victim first aid before he died.
She has also been arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 5 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 6 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 10 Three boaters prosecuted for speeding offences on the Broads
The Foreign Office said it was supporting the family of a British man following his death and are in contact with Greek authorities.
The case will be followed up by the attorney general of Kefalonia.