Man found with drugs in sock in Norwich tower block
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
A man was found with a wrap of cocaine in his sock in a Norwich tower block by police who had gone there to arrest someone else, a court has heard.
Omonigho Idama, 31, was found at Markham Tower in Norwich - an area that is “well known to police”.
Norwich Crown Court heard the defendant, who has previous convictions for drugs offences, was seen by officers who suspected him of being there for drug dealing.
Chris Youell, prosecuting, said Idama had a wrap of heroin in his sock. He also had £300 in cash on him.
Idama, of Markham Tower, Bowers Avenue, appeared at court on Tuesday (April 28) to be sentenced having previously admitted possessing a controlled drug of class A.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Oliver, mitigating, said he had admitted simple possession of a small amount of cocaine.
Judge Andrew Shaw jailed Idama for 14 days but warned him if came before him again for drugs offences he would “not be so lucky”.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'