Man fined for throwing takeaway wrappers at gulls
- Credit: PA
A man has been fined £80 for littering after he threw unwanted food and wrappers at gulls.
The man, from Bradenham, who was caught littering in Dereham has been fined £80 by Breckland Council after CCTV footage identified him.
A passer-by witnessed the incident and the council investigated the incident and, using video footage, identified the culprit.
The Breckland enforcement team spoke with the individual who, when faced with the evidence, admitted the offence and accepted the £80 fine.
Gordon Bambridge, executive member for environmental services and public protection, said: “Throwing litter is unwanted by our local community, harmful for our environment, and will not be tolerated by the council.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this case will encourage people to dispose of their rubbish responsibly and show respect to their communities and local environment.”
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub