Man dies following Thetford assault
A 65-year-old man has died in hospital following an alleged assault in Thetford at the weekend.
Ronald Beacham, of Ulfkell Road, Thetford, suffered serious head injuries as a result of the incident, which took place in Fir Road shortly before 2am on Sunday.
He died late last night in Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge.
A post mortem examination took place this afternoon and police are awaiting the results.
Michael O'Leary, 56, of no fixed address, was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and appeared before magistrates in Bury St Edmunds on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
He was denied bail and will next appear at Norwich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 6 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 7 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 8 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'