Hunt for driver after road rage incident leaves man with cut head
- Credit: Archant
A driver suffered a cut head in a road rage incident which saw him hit by a wing mirror.
Police are seeking witnesses in connection with the road-related incident which happened shortly after 4.20pm on Wednesday, September 16, northbound on the A12, just after the Romany Lane roundabout in Kessingland.
A police spokesman said: “The driver of a black Mercedes and another driver, who was believed to be driving a silver/grey Volkswagen Golf, had been engaged in a road rage incident, when the driver of the Mercedes pulled over at the roundabout and attempted to confront the other driver about their manner of driving.
“He then returned to his car but the driver of the Volkswagen Golf then pulled out and his wing mirror made contact with the other driver, causing him to fall against his own vehicle and cut his head.
“The driver of the Volkswagen Golf then drove away.”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the Volkswagen Golf’s passenger side wing mirror was damaged during the incident, with the Mercedes also damaged.
The Volkswagen Golf driver is described as being a bald male.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
The police spokesman added: “Enquiries are ongoing and witnesses are sought.”
Call the Lowestoft Safer Neighbourhood Team, quoting crime reference 37/55003/20 on 101.