Man charged with series of burglaries in Norwich
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 34-year-old man accused of breaking into more than 10 homes and businesses in Norwich stealing property worth more than £11,000 has appeared in court.
Wayne Robertson, of Morley Street, Norwich, appeared at the city's magistrates' court on Tuesday, February 11 after being charged with 12 offences.
Robertson is accused of 11 counts of burglary and one count of attempted burglary in connection with incidents in the city between December 27, 2013 and Monday, February 10.
The charges are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• December 27 – stole a laptop worth £500 from a property in Aylsham Road
• December 30 – entered a property on Aylsham and stole jewellery and a laptop worth £1,600
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 7 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 8 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
• January 11 – entered a property in Silver Street and stole cash to the value of £3,663
• January 14 – entered a property in Silver Road and stole a laptop worth £350
• January 15 – entered a property in Baxter Court and stole 55pence in cash
• January 24-26 – attempted to enter a property in Spencer Street with intent to steal
• January 26 – stole £200 in cash from Welcome Chinese Takeaway on Bull Close Road
• January 27 – stole a laptop from a property in Baxter Court worth £289
• February 2 – entered a property in Silver Street and stole electrical items, cufflinks and cash to the value of £1,010
• February 3 – stole £130 in cash from a property in Duke Street
• February 6-8 – entered Sandra Reynolds Modelling Agency and stole six laptops an iPod and camera equipment worth £3,400.
• February 10 – entered a property in Silver Street with intent to steal
Robertson was remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich Crown Court at a later date (still to be fixed).