Man charged after baby taken from N&N hospital
- Credit: Denise Bradley, Archant Norfolk
A man has been charged with child cruelty after a baby was taken from the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
Police sent a sizeable search team after being contacted at 8.55am on Tuesday March 23 with a report that the man had left the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with the baby.
The man was found 90 minutes later, at 10.25am in the Heigham Street area.
The baby was found with him, safe and well and has been taken back to hospital.
A police spokesman said George Ward, 43 of Clifton Street, Norwich, has been charged with one count of child neglect in relation to the incident.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court via videolink on Wednesday, March 24 and was released on conditional bail to appear before city magistrates again on Wednesday, April 28.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre