Man, 31, appears in court over attack on homeless victim in public park
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A 31-year-old has appeared in court after being charged in relation to an attack on a homeless man who suffered serious facial injuries.
Police were called to Park Road near Diss Mere Park, Diss, shortly after 9.40pm on August 17 last year following reports a man had been attacked by another man armed with a metal tool.
The victim, a 32-year-old homeless man, was taken to hospital for treatment following the attack.
Mark Stagg appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday (March 13) having been charged with wounding/inflicting grievous bodily harm without intent on August 17 last year.
He is also charged with possession of an offensive weapon, namely a socket wrench, at Diss Mere Park on the same date.
You may also want to watch:
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on April 14.
Stagg, of Viscount Close, Diss, was granted conditional bail until the next hearing at the crown court.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit