Man assaulted and robbed in Great Yarmouth attack
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man was assaulted and then robbed in an attack on the Great Yarmouth market place in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Detectives are now appealing for witnesses of the incident which happened at 1.40am near J&S Music.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said a man was grabbed by an unknown man who pulled him to the ground and assaulted him before demanding his wallet.
The man then stole the wallet which contained a small amount of cash and various cards.
Norfolk Police say the victim received minor injuries to his head.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from any witnesses or anyone who has information regarding the incident.
They are asked to contact Detective Constable Gavin Rivett at Great Yarmouth CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47