Man arrested over Norwich sex assault to face no further action
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a sex assault in the car park of a former supermarket in Norwich will have no further action taken against him, police have confirmed.
Officers launched an investigation after reports a woman in her 30s was attacked in the car park area of the former Lidl supermarket site in Aylsham Road.
A man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the incident which happened at about 4am on Sunday, November 4 last year.
The man has been under investigation since then but police have now confirmed there will be no further action taken in the case.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "Detectives investigated the assault, carrying out CCTV and forensic enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
"However there was insufficient evidence to proceed and no further action will be taken against a man arrested in connection with the incident."
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat