Man arrested near King’s Lynn after police notice smell of oil
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested for going equipped to steal heating oil - hours after police warned householders to watch out for thieves.
King's Lynn officers noticed the smell of oil when they came across car parked on a country road at Ashwicken last night. When they searched it, they found 35 empty 25L drums, along with a large pipe.
'That will be one under arrest for going equipped then,' one tweeted.
A 25-year-old man was arrested and remains in custody.
It came just hours after police issued a warning about oil theft.
You may also want to watch:
They posted: 'Please check your fuel security, oil thefts are on the increase as the cooler weather arrives and prices increase. If you need any crime prevention advice please get in touch with either the community engagement officer or you local beat manager.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences